Tuesday 26 July 2011

Paperback v Kindle race by T1 & T2

My two sons, T1 who is 20 and T2 who is 17 are having a race / competition to read the same book at the same time. The book is A Game of Thrones - I've never heard of it but it was recommended by a friend of T1. They sometimes read the same sort of books if it is something fairly generic like Agatha Christies but then T2 goes off on a tangent to read Wilkie Collins or some other 'interesting' novel. He is still plodding his way through Clarissa! T1 reads science books or humorous comedies.
Anyhow the race or competition is because T1 thinks it is much better to read books on the Kindle.
T2 is sticking to his guns with the paper copy as he likes the feel of the book and wants more for his money i.e. content plus an artefact.
So far the advantages of the Kindle version are that 'I didn't have to move off the settee to buy it or download it' and I can make the text bigger. The advantages of the paperback book are that you can flick backwards and forwards more easily to look at the maps and details at the front of the book.
To be continued as they read on......

No comments:

Post a Comment