Tuesday 26 July 2011

Book Club books for the summer

For our Book Club we usually choose three books to read over the summer rather than two. We don't meet over the summer as it is usually too difficult to find a date to fit with everyone's summer holidays and family commitments. We do see each other at other events so it is not too bad.
The books we have chosen are

Lionel Shriver - We need to talk about Kevin
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother - Amy Chua

which are both coincidently about mothers.

I wanted to read something English and 20th century so The End of the Affair - Graham Greene was suggested.

The first two books I'm reading as paper copies as they are being passed round.
The Graham Greene one I've downloaded onto my Kindle.


I've read the Tiger Mother one so far - quick and easy to read and fascinating. It was very enjoyable and I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment