Thursday 17 November 2011

Pepys Library Cambridge

The Pepys Library has been on my list of 'University Libraries to break into' for a couple of years now. It is only open for an hour some days so it is a matter of being in the right place at the right time. So on Saturday afternoon I persuaded Joe (my son) that we should go and have a look. He is fairly long suffering about looking in old libraries as long as it only takes 15 mins max.
It was one of the fustiest libraries I've ever been in - basically one big room with glass cases of books. I liked the fact they are arranged by size - that appeals. I didn't know that Samuel Pepys diary was written in a short of short hand - that was interesting to see. There was also some books and illustrations about boats and ships. We bought 3 postcards for which you had to leave the right money on an old china plate not give to the librarian.









Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment