Sunday 5 June 2011

Same old, same old.....

Some books are precious because you have read them many times, you know what happens, you like the story and they have a happy ending. To me this is important because on gloomy days they provide comfort and solace. This is not quite as wishy washy and feeble as it sounds but some days I want to read without being intellectually or emotionally challenged. Some days I want to escape from reality and enjoy a nice read. Luckily this doesn't happen very often as I'm usually fairly happy and optimistic, but when it does, these are my favourite cheery reads.
Modesty Blaise by Peter O'Donnell. Matricide at St Marthas by Ruth Dudley Edwards. The Eliza Stories by Barry Pain. Love lessons by Joan Wyndham. The Minack Chronicles by Derek Tangye. Escape from Colditz by Pat Reid. Any Agatha Christie book.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment