Tuesday 21 June 2011

Books to read this week

The two books I'm meant to be reading for Book Club are The Tent, the Bucket & Me by Emma Kennedy and Money by Martin Amis. The Tent etc was a quick and easy read and was quite funny in parts but not fantastic. I enjoyed it but didn't love it. I'm avoiding reading Money because I don't really fancy it but that is the point of Book Club books, you have to give them a try and often they are really good.
I have bought a few books over the last week so have started to read A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan I'm enjoying it but I've no idea what it's about really or how the different people and events match up. Hopefully I'll find out.
Last week when I was in the Oxfam book shop I bought City Lights by Keith Waterhouse. I'm tempted to read that also before getting round to Money.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment