Wednesday 2 October 2013

No time for Wittgenstein?

To tell the truth, in recent months the amount of reading I've done has been minimal. This is mainly because I've not had time and also because I've not had the 'headspace' to do so. Since I started my current job in June and various family commitments over the summer, I've been concentrating on essentials with no time for frivolous thoughts or reading for fun. Also I've started to listen to podcasts and the radio more, especially when falling asleep on a night. Less effort I suppose.
However I do need to encourage myself and make time for reading. I even had to pretend that I'd read the books for book club last month when I hadn't finished either of them.
I went to the library after work tonight (busman's evening out) and took back my overdue books. I've still got a couple out that I've started to read for book club so wasn't intending to get any more. Then I saw these two books.



I would like to read them both but made a choice and chose the Wittgenstein one. It is plainly ridiculous to think that I'll read it all but that doesn't matter, I'll read some of it. In the dim and distant past I did read Wittgenstein (actual philosophy not a book about him) when at Uni but gone are the days - or at least on hold are the days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment