Monday 24 September 2012

Working in a library

I have been in my new job for a month now and although the Student Information Points are based in the libraries, my role is not a library management role. It is more of a general management post based around enhancing student support.
I miss working in a library but I'm not sure whether I miss library management or whether I miss being able to do my work in a library. I think it is a bit of both and luckily the latter is easy to address at times. I can go and work in the Main University Library for a couple of hours. So that's what I did one afternoon last week. I like academic libraries, I like the peace and quiet associated with people getting on with their work purposefully and reading, I like the books and I like working in a place where other people are working but no need to interact. I'm lucky that I can get my library 'fix' as part of my working life.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment