Sunday 14 August 2011

Holiday reads - 6 books in 7 days

While on holiday and having a break from technology, I managed to read 6 books in 7 days and enjoyed them all. I really enjoyed having the time and space and peace of mind to read more and it felt reassuring that I wasn't bored. We still did lots of other things but it reminded me a bit of being a teenager or of life before children or technology.

The Perfect Proposal and Seagulls in the Attic were easy and happy endings. I like a good murder mystery or whodunit so enjoyed The Shooting in the Shop - I've read all of this series by Simon Brett. The Dick Francis biography was interesting although I skimmed through some of the early stuff until I got to the horse racing parts. The White Queen was quite good although I'm not usually into historical novels. Gentlemen of the Road by Michael Chabon was really good - sort of swashbuckling and riproaring. I had read the Final Solution a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it so decided to try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment